Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It is Amazing......

how fast your heart beats when you are frightened of something. Today I had to...yes...HAD to ride in an elevator! I took my sister to the doctor and the office was not on the first floor. My sister was in a wheelchair. I actually thought...for a moment...about asking someone nearby to ride up with her. But then I felt guilty so I pushed the wheelchair into the elevator and after a brief pause, I walked in beside her. I pushed the button for the 2nd floor, yes it was only one floor, and the stupid doors took their sweet time to close. In the time it took for those doors to close, a million unpleasant thoughts went through my mind! One of those thoughts was that next time I will make my sister crawl up the stairs if I have to. Not really, I am just kidding!!! Anyway, the elevator worked fine and I only just started to hyperventilate. Baby steps, baby steps......

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking... maybe if you had someone purposely stop the elevator - you know when you were prepared for it - then you could "gather some strength" from knowing what it was like. Maybe?? Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it genetic?? I'm pretty claustrophobic and so was my Dad! I've had a few elevator panic attacks but not that bad. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete