Monday, March 7, 2011

What ever happened to MANNERS??

Is it just me....and the fact that I work in retail....or have people really forgotten what manners are? Just asking is all. I would love to hear, in the course of my day:
"Could you please help me find .....?"
or
"Excuse me...could/would you...?"
or
"I'm sorry to interrupt your work, but....."
or
"It's okay, I know it's not your fault the store is out of ....."
or even
"I know it really sucks that you work here for cheap, and I know you are older and wish you were at home taking care of your grandbabies, but could you please help me with.....?"
or
"Thank you. Have a nice afternoon."
Gosh, it was a rough day today!! But it sure makes me pause and think about how I talk to others!!

Now, on to something else:
This weekend we had so much fun. Tracee and Rees and Kristen and Keegan and Jerrilyn and McKenna and Holis were all over!!! Soon Courtney and Trent joined the party. So much fun!!
Steve made me a small garden box out of two of the louvered doors from Tracee's wedding! I have a garden...and a creative husband!! Kristen helped me pick out the plants and she and Rees got the dirt all mixed together. We planted zucchini squash, yellow crook-neck squash, two Anaheim peppers and one Santa Fe pepper and we planted two tomato plants! I'm soooo excited. I'll post pictures as we grow...unless I kill it all!



And lastly: Here is good'ol Rufus. He loves to find sunny places to sleep. This time he found the top of Kristen's Hope Chest in the extra bedroom. Silly, long, skinny dog!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the garden box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am super impressed with your creative use of those doors! Brilliant! And that picture of Rufus...oh my gosh! It is so freaking precious! Frame it and hang it up in your house! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome garden box and the picture of Rufus actually looks processed. It looks pro.

    ReplyDelete