Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Afternoon

Hello everyone! Today has been such a good, relaxing day. I have needed a day like this. We have been going 90 miles an hour lately! Work and doctor's appointments and yard work and the dog and bills and groceries and on and on! I decided last night that I was not going to go to church today. "I needed a day to not visit or be asked questions and just be by myself." But...I woke up this morning and I knew that church was where I needed to spend my Sunday morning and I got ready with my family and went. How blessed I am that my Heavenly Father loves me enough to let the Spirit whisper to me! We had a sweet testimony meeting and then I attended two of the best lessons. My friend Bev taught in Gospel Doctrine about the Israelites and their wandering days. She had us compare our lives to theirs. It was such a great way to help us know that the Lord knows us and loves us just as he knew and loved them. Then I was grateful for my other friend Nancy's lesson in Relief Society. She taught about our personal stewardship. We have a great responsibility. But then again, we were reminded of a loving Savior who is always there to help carry our burdens. And both of these lessons reminded me how patient our Father in Heaven is with me!! I so needed to be at church today! I am grateful!
Here are a few new pictures:
This is Steve's new project: an outdoor patio and kitchen!
Family fun cleaning up in the back yard!
Favorite place I like to be: reading to the babies!
My newly brunette daughter, Courtney!

Have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. The patio will be so nice! And - WOW! Courtney's hair looks awesome on her.

    ReplyDelete